Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Saturday, May 06, 2006

my first vote in life

Just voted this morning.... Guess I'm one of the more 'kiasu' ones. Reached at 7.45am when the polling starts at 8am. I really hate the process of waiting, and I want to avoid wasting time in the waiting process. Not just me ok... There were a dozen of people there before me too, just wondering what time did the first person in line woke up at???

Wanna know which party I voted for??? Voting is secret remember? And I wouldn't want to publicly announce it here and have people from either party coming to my house to kill me for some reasons or another... (Gideon must be disillusioned enough to think that someone will even bother to come for his elmoic's life...)

Just had my last paper ended on Thursday. I'm just a joke... Woke up at 6am that morning to do my last chance mugging and went to school for the paper. To my horror the exam's venue was completely empty when I reached at 9am. To cut the story short, the paper was intended to be at 1pm!!!!! What a fool I can be! Stared aimlessly and wearily at the ceiling in my school library for the next few hours, with occasion kind-intended calls from Shirley and Freedy to release my boredom and anger with my own stupidity.

Was looking forward for the end of exams so that I can finally pace myself slower and starting getting things right in my life again... My room's in a mess! Then guess what?!?! I fell sick and fall victim to Mr Flu, Mrs Sore Throat and Mdm Fever... Well, others may see it as a misfortune, but I see it as a grace extension. Imagine I fall ill before my last paper... I pretty sure that God has sustained me from sickness throughout my exams period, given my lack of exercise and occasional unhealthy diet.... Fine, my 'more often than not' unhealthy diet... :(

Been going through the 40 Days Devotional Guide. Felt really refreshed and was reminded of many principles I have yet apply into my own walk with God. Really want to thirst for the presence of the Holy Spirit much more in my life. Holy Spirit is named the Comforter which also means Someone who walks alongside with me. What a joy and privillege to have the Great Counsellor walking side by side with me every moment of my life!

Yearning for You more and more, day by day!

~Current Favourite: Jesus take the wheel by Carrie Underwood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home