Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Saturday, April 15, 2006

What is Easter to me?

Been looking around ppl's blogs like a head-hunter for the past one hour. Many people blogged abt wat Easter means to them. Hmmm... how abt me? Wat does Easter means to me?

Actually had the intention to answer this question with an old-school fashion: that everyday can be Easter as long as we learn to appreciate God's work on the Cross daily. Yes that is true, but definitely Easter by itself holds it's unique significance... at least to me i guess.

Easter brings back flashbacks of my life last time. How insecure and lost I felt last time, in the midst of people who have absolute intolerance for socially constructed deviant behaviours within people like me.

I was drowning in the stormy sea, crying out loudly in the midst of indifferent deafening social waves . No one came to my rescue, leaving me all alone to face the fate of despair and hopelessness.

Heavenly stars never fail to showcase their brightness outstandingly amongst the back-drop of each vast dark night. The hands of a Saviour I will never forget came into the swirling pool of soulful condemnation and rescued me.

Life took a turn for the better... for the good... for the great... for the awesome... and towards an indescribable enchanting journey of a life-time.

My life was a valley of dry bones. God came in to change all that. He covered me with flesh and tendons. Put on clothes to cover my shame, flooded me with spiritual endowments and breathed His breath of life into my dying soul.

Today I can be who I was created to be, fulfilling my destiny which God knitted while I was still in my mother's womb. Certainly such undeserving and over-whelming treatment came with a price, beyond any world's monetary resources can ever pay.

Yet Jesus' death paid it all; once and for all.

This is a love I can't comprehend.
This is a invitation I can't reject.
This is a relationship I can't forsake.

He is my God who I will love.

Easter isn't Easter till it happens in your heart. ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home