Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Monday, August 07, 2006

A year of reunion

This year has really been a significant one for me.

Thank God for bringing old friends I had back into my life. Their presence brings me good memories and collection of thanksgiving back to God for all that He's done.

Earlier this year I met Shi Chang at Plaza Singapura. He was my closest buddy straight after I received Christ in 1999. He was the one that accompanied me through during the times when I had to go through a tough time of parental objection to my faith. He was the one that came over my house to stay0ver on that night when I first revealed my conversion to my mum.

Weeks ago I managed to relocate Riswanto online thru msn. To know more about him, read my previous blog entry earlier on.

Riswanto

Then I added Winghei into my friendster list. He was the one who sat beside me in my sec 4 class. I always bully him. Think he's the only person on earth that I could successfully bully. It was him who helped me much in my maths. Remembered that we were the only two person from 4S2 to get the good service award by the school in 2000. He helped two of my sheeps in their studies a few years back too.

Winghei

Then on saturday while I was teaching about taking ownership of NE and on the need to give our best to our sheeps, I mentioned about my first sheep Ghim Kui. The last time I ever mentioned about his name was at least 2 years ago. And at least 3-4 years it had been since I last saw him. To my wonderful surprise, straight after the meeting when I was rushing down to J8 to watch The Lake House, I met him at the S11 bus-stop near NE RC!!! My goodness! He's no longer the sec 1 boy i know when I took care of him in 2000. He's now serving in army, in OCS. Wow... Really thankful to see that he's attending another church faithfully for the past 2 years. I'm catching up with him tonight together with Jon Tay after his book out. In any case, here's a pic of Ghim Kui my first sheep:

GhiKui

The last night when I logged in my email, I was notified that Daryl left a msg in my friendster. Daryl was the other guy in the band of brotherhood with me and Riswanto throughout our sec 3 and 4's life. Here's what he said in friendster:

The one to the right is daryl.

My goodness Ambrose!
What happened to you?? You put on so much weight, you're so chubby now! What's going on? Waiting to go to NIE?

".................................................."

Listening to Ravi: Who is Jesus? Defending Jesus as the way, the truth and the life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home