Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

maths' really not meant for me...

Went to work yesterday with Jasmine, Sharlene, Freedy, Apinum and Debbie yesterday. The job scope is easy- each ofus to just bring half a class around an excursion. But the whole process is horrendous! At least for me...

Had to bring the students around a Maths trail. Maths!!!! I haven't been touching on it since my Sec 4 years, not to mention that I totally messed up my Maths since Sec 1, got a F9 during my Prelims and barely passed with a C6 during my actual Os- all thanks to a 6 day crash course given by my elder sis before the exam.

One of the excursion station was a killer for me, couldn't grasp the concept and logic behind it at all. Solution? I'll skip the station without any hesitation. How? "Student, this station will be a bit more time consuming. Let's go and complete other stations first before we come back to this ok?"

I was shoted at one of the station at a money changing booth. The question was to find out the existing exchange rate of Singapore currency to US currency. The amount given was S$400. I gave a formulae to the students. The answer they got out from my formulae? 20+K! To my horror I turned to Veronica for help. She mumbled some stuffs to me. So I decided to go back and pretended I knew it all infront of my students and told them that I made a 'careless' mistake and once again gave them another formulae. They obeyed blindly and started counting................... "Teacher.... same answer... 20+K!". Whatever courage and confidence that was left within me melted from that point onwards....

Lastly, I introduced myself a fair bit to the class and ask them what else they wanna know about me. The reply: "Teacher teacher... why you so chubby?"
Somebody please come to my house now and kill me!

Think the only job option most suitable for me is to return back to my post as Elmo in Sesame Street. That is where I belong... *Gideon is obviously suffering from mild level of depression and disillusion now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home