Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Friday, May 11, 2007

my first week in placement

3 'Es' to sum up my first week in placement:

Encouraging!

Very encouraged by the staffs there who are all Christian. Heard many stories from them about how God changed their life and why they're in this helping profession as God led them to do.

Wednesday started off great as all the staffs had to gather in Care Corner Woodlands Branch to spend corporate devotion in the morning. There was a time of thanksgiving from each agencies and also after that all of us broke into smaller groups to pray for each other and for God to continue in using our life to influence many more out there.

It was truly a great encouragement to me to know that the staffs and overall atmosphere in my workplace is conducive for my spiritual growth and outreach. Just this morning our centre manager met all of us to spend time reading the Bible and he wants us to begin our day right with God.

It was also cool to know that my supervisor and her husband are God-loving/fearing people. Both of them have a burning desire to do missions in a couple of years time. Talking about world-wide vision, wow!

Experiencing!

New experiences for the past few days.
Day 1: Made a home visit to a one room flat
Day 3: Helped out in a roadshow for police officers in Tanglin Police HQ and was served in their VIP lounge which was really grand. Met up with people from various agencies such as Singapore Children Society, Touch and Beyond Social Services and I was especially impressed by Touch who came up with a new program to help out offenders who are intellectually challenged.
Day 5: Received my first phone intake for counseling!

Exciting!

I am taking this placement real seriously. A time for grow in my interest area. I've requested for a video cam to film down my counseling sessions so that I can do evaluation with my supervisor after that. Also requested to join in counseling session of my supervisor so that I can learn from her.

Currently I am taking time in office to read up on a model in helping distressed family, at the same time familiarising myself with all the financial schemes and legal affairs pertaining to youths and families.

I'm looking forward for the next batch of youths enrolling into Guidance Program next wednesday and also the parents and youths bonding session that's gonna b held soon. :D

On the other page of story, have been really spending some time thinkin and praying through for my ministry recently. Really believe a time is coming where revival, rejuvenation and regeneration will begin for NE. I'm so excited for it!

Passion drives us on.
Vision leads us on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home