Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Thursday, May 03, 2007

exams over...

Exams' finally over! But guess life's not gonna slow down her pace.

Starting my placement at Care Corner Family Service Centre at Queenstown next Monday.
Next Monday?!?! Yes next Monday!!! *faint

My job scope:
Guidance Programme and Casework and Counselling

Just the thought of working at Queenstown simply dampens my eagerness towards this placement. Bible says we should thank God in all circumstances. Well I thank God that at least my placement still involves working with delinquent youths and youths-at-risk. :D

In any case, went to Crystal Jade @ TPY to celebrate Pete's birthday today. Finally tried the infamous xiao long bao. Technique to eat it: bite a small hole at the edge of the bao and suck out the soup within the bao. Yummy!

But that was not the key highlight of the day. While walking towards the bus-stop, Pete and I saw a bunch of 'pri 3-4 thereabout boys' smoking outside Toa Payoh Entertainment Centre. This is so ridiculous! And the worst is that the security guard over there turns out to be the father of one of the kids! Gosh I felt so burdened at the moment. Wanted to approach them and find a chance to work on them but it was kinda hard since the dad was around... :X

"Father I pray that You will give me one more chance to meet those boys and make a way for me to know and work on them. Help them find their way back to You God. People need the Lord."

1 Comments:

Blogger Lovelle said...

It will be a good working experience for you. Anyway it is only for a short period. Clementi near NUS wah so not that bad.

4:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home