Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

my first day in work!

Today was my first day at placement in Care Corner FSC (Queenstown).

Had quite a hard time finding the place. Was glad tt I did not wander alone in the foreign land since I met another coursemate who was posted to the same agency as me!

When both of us reached the workplace, realised another coursemate was posted to the same agency too. That makes 3 of us doing attachment in this place. Not bad afterall! At least I won't have to go through the traumas of adjusting to a new environment myself. :p

The people over there were wonderfully nice! Bought puffs and cakes to welcome us in the morning.

My workstation turns out to be a little disappointing though... A foldable table and a plastic chair (those u use in school classroom). But well from tomorrow onwards I will have my own laptop borrowed from the agency so guess I'll have to be grateful for what I have man...

My supervisor turns up to be a real nice person. And think she is really dedicated too in mentoring me. The most wonderful thing is that she is a fervent Christian and she started off her introduction by sharing to me that she truly believes her identity is first a Christian, then a social worker. Sounds familiar ya?

The highlight of the day was when my supervisor bought me out to make a home visit to one of her client's house. Was glad that she did a great debrief with me after the session. Another thing to thank God for was that she got her husband to drive me to town after work since it was on their way... :)

Think my agency's super cool too. Since it's a Christian organisation, all the staffs over there are rather dedicated Christians. Found many Bibles on the desk of most of the staffs there. The most amazing thing is that every Wednesday morning the staffs will gather to spend devotional time together like worship and reading the Bible. So cool right?

And the coolest thing is... I got the permission to go for june camp! Woohoo!

Life in Jesus is just so assured. Nothing can go wrong when Christ is in control. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you are happy on yr first day of work. And glad you have good supervisor and good colleagues. Do yr best there so you will get a good testimonial and perhaps continue working there after you graduate.

- Sis

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home