Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Friday, May 25, 2007

Mrs Ivy Wong

Decided to postpone my blog entry about my views on friendship.

Rather today I meet a old mentor, friend and sister in Christ which I've not been in contact for really long while I was with Kaiwen this evening...

Her name is Mrs Ivy Wong, my primary 6 form teacher.
With all my heart I really think it's so divine that God placed her in my life.



Still remember I was in the worst EM2 class in Hong Dao Pri (demolished) then. My P5 form teacher at that time? Simply cannot make it... His name was Philip Tan and we often call him pi li dan, yi li dan or pi dan... Well it doesn't sounds funny here but at our time he was the constant joke among my friends and I.

Well to keep things simple, my P5 teacher injured his leg when I was in P6. Mrs Ivy Wong who had been taking care of the top class came over to be my form teacher. There was a unique bond between both of us. I really enjoyed her lessons and my results soared sky high under her mentorship. I remembered staying back after school daily to help her with her administrative stuffs and to do my homework under her supervision and guidance. As a result I did really well for my PSLE beyond my expectations and ended up in St Andrew's Sec which was where someone outreached to me and thus sparked off this Christian journey in my life.

Later on when I visit her in school (which I did every year that time) when I was Sec 4, I shared to her my conversion and she was truly thrilled by the news. In fact she was so excited that she took some invite cards from me to mass print it in her office and requested for me to head to her class to share Christ and to invite them to our ESS that time! She also bought quite a number of her students to our church at a period of time.

Mrs Wong has always been ever so passionate for Jesus. In fact when I met her today she was trying to share Christ and invite a Malay selling OTAK to church. Even Kaiwen said that her love for God is evident and contagious.

On a more personal level, she is really someone I treasure alot in my life. Remembered the last time we talked was when I just entered army and she called me to ask how I was coping in army. She is also someone I'm really grateful to in life. God has a reason for placing her as my form teacher only in P6 and how I managed to enter SAS because of her.

I shared to her that one of her ex-student i.e. my ex-classmate is currently working at AMK Mac and we're hoping to connect this friend and to share with him the love of God. It was tonight too that she reminded me of a close buddy I had in school last time named Kenneth. I bought him to church once and he converted. When he went back school to share to Mrs Wong she was so excited that she presented a new Bible to Kenneth on the spot! Hmmm I wonder how is Kenneth doing now. Kinda lost contact with him after I changed my phone few years ago... :X

Looking back at my life and those people that God placed in my journey thus far, I can only sing: "For You are great, You do mighty wonders Lord, there is no one else like You, there is no one else like You!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

Hi, sorry for the sudden post but I am ex Hong Daoian too. Mrs Ivy Wong is one of my fav teacher then. If you are still in touch, can you connect us ... Miss her dearly. Thanks.

8:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home