Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is Jesus hard to love? Not at all. On the contrary...


Deu 6:4-6

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.

These coming few weeks are gonna be packed with projects and assignments. Remind me Lord never to become too busy not to pray. Nowadays I have cultivated the habit of beginning the day with God. Every morning I will commit the day to God, praying that I will walk with Him throughout the day. I pray that I will make godly decisions and that through how I do my life during the day I can bear witness to His name.

I am glad that I have took up the One-Day challenge posed by Shirley a few weeks ago. I realized that I have been more sensitive to the voice of the Holy Spirit nowadays and I have become more aware and mindful of my own motives, thoughts and emotions wherever I am, especially at home since I often take things for granted.

In my Christian walk for the past few years I've seen quite a number of people who either abandon their Christian growth or even their faith as a whole. Frankly speaking as much as I don't want to follow their foot steps, I know better than anyone else how fallible I can be if I don't take good care of my own spiritual life.

One of my greatest fears in life (besides cockroaches and balloons) is that I will lose my fervent and love for God as I grow older (spiritually and physically). Christianity is not a CCA to me and it shall never become one. God knows my heart... The more I know Him, the more I want to love Him. I want to love Him till the last drop of my breath. God is the First Love of my life and He will always remain to be so. In my youth I praise Him with all I have, and in my graying years I shall remain doing so- praising and dancing with immerse joy for all that He has done.

Two elements which I know are keys to my spiritual longevity:
1) Continuous walk and experience with God
2) A heart of thanksgiving and gratefulness

Help me God. This is my pledge to You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home