Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
-Romans 12: 2

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Coming to an end of my placement!

For those of you who don't know, I have been spending my summer holiday doing my attachment as a social work intern since May. My placement will officially ends this coming Saturday 14th July though I'll still be going back to my agency to finish the required 10 pages essay and to complete the program that I was involved in. :X

Ok for those of you who are curious, here's some background for my attachment:

Where did I worked at?

Care Corner Family Service Centre (Queenstown)
What are some of the things I did there?

1) Helping those in financial needs

2) Counselling

3) Working with youth offenders through Guidance Program

What do I like about this my attachment?

1) Food! (Love the Yong Tau Foo at the hawker centre here)

2) The staffs (They're real nice people)

3) My supervisor (She's a serving Christian too- taught and invested in me lots both as a Christian and as a social worker)

4) Expansion of my worldview (Grown so much even as I was exposed to working with different people coming from the various strata of society)

5) Clearer vision and stronger conviction of what God wants to do through me

6) Personal growth as a person through exploring my strengths and weaknesses

Photos time!
My fellow social work intern- Amanda (grey) and Cheryl (green)- Thanks for the friendship and all the support during our few months working together! =)
Oh btw the graph behind us are basically what our supervisors drew for us in terms of our growth during these few months. See the graph behind me! I've grown haha...

Photo with our supervisors- Each supervisor sat infront of their intern

Photo with all the staffs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home